4.12.2012

Puch Moped Day 2

Installed some painted parts today. I modified the engine kill switch to mount at the side beside the fuel cut-off valve rather than the handlebars - trying to keep the bike clean as possible from wires and cables. Plus its an added bonus reminder to turn off the fuel when you shut the bike down.




I also installed the engine as well. I didn't have to do anything internal with this engine because to be honest - I already have done everything possible to it a long time ago. I ensured it had spark by hand spinning the magneto flywheel and that the point gap was correct. I have new points to install into it, but I'll save that for another day.


List to do is getting smaller. Rebuild the carburetor, clean the wheels and inspect the brake shoes, install new tires, clean out the fuel tank, clean and install the chains, find a new stem and handle bars, mount the cable hardware, lighting wiring... ya shorter list anyways


Might have to take a break from it for a bit to continue on some other projects kickin' around, but I like how this little bike is coming along.

Keep spinning wrenches

- SS

No comments:

Post a Comment